Meat producer, OJSC Cherkizovo Group, has opened a poultry breeding facility at its Penza cluster.
The Komarovka facility, which was built as part of Cherkizovo’s ongoing poultry capacity increase project in Penza, consists of 34 bird houses, with a combined capacity of almost 1.1 million broilers.
The bird houses will be populated from the group’s own hatcheries, and equipped with state-
Building work on the facility began in 2010, and investment totalled approximately US$18 million, with 30 per cent funded by internal investment and the remaining 70 per cent provided by Sberbank.
Cherkizovo Group employees have held a volunteer event supported by the Ray Foundation for Helping Homeless Animals. They brought food, medicines and other useful supplies to two Moscow shelters and helped with dog walking.
Cherkizovo Group’s chicken and turkey products have once again been awarded the annual Product of the Year title, with flagship brands Petelinka and Pava-Pava winning two categories of the award.
Cherkizovo Group, Russia's largest meat producer, is taking part in Our Brand, an international food festival in Ufa. The Company showcased its products during a tasting session at its stand.
Cherkizovo Group, Russia's largest meat producer, continues to expand its turkey product line under Pava-Pava, one of its flagship brands. This fall, the Company has launched sales of spiced turkey filet, a perfect choice for holiday dinners.