bool(true)
Ru

Cherkizovo Buys 2 Piggeries

11 march 2010
alt image

Cherkizovo Group will buy two hog lots from its owners to consolidate its position on the segment and boost its breeding capacity, the company said in a statement Wednesday. 

The company will buy two piggeries in Penza and Lipetsk regions from a company owned by Cherkizovo's main shareholders, Igor Babayev and his family. 

Each lot will house 4,800 breeding sows and will have a maximum capacity of 25,000 metric tons of annual meat production by 2012, the group said. 

Both piggeries were built recently, with construction on the Penza facility finishing in 2008 and the Lipetsk facility coming on line in 2009. 

The new facilities will produce a total of 12,000 metric tons of pork in 2010, increasing to 20,000 and 25,000 metric tons in 2011 and 2012, respectively. 

The company would not disclose the final cost of the deal but said it could cost an estimated $100 million, including a $20 million cash payment and an assumption of $80 million of the facilities' debt to Sberbank and Rosselkhozbank. 

Cherkizovo Group, which currently operates five hog lots in the Moscow, Vologda, Lipetsk and Tambov regions, expects to boost its pig breeding capacities by 30 percent after the two new facilities are fully operational, CEO Sergei Mikhailov said. 

"It is assumed that as soon as the acquired farms are fully operational, overall pork production will exceed 100,000 metric tons," he said. 

Igor Babayev and his family members own 70 percent of the company's stock, while the remaining 30 percent is freely floated. 

Back to the news list

Other news

image
Cherkizovo notches 21 gold medals at Prodexpo 2024
alt
16 february 2024

Cherkizovo notches 21 gold medals at Prodexpo 2024

Cherkizovo Group, Russia’s largest meat producer, took part in the Prodexpo 2024 international exhibition where its Petelinka, Cherkizovo, Cherkizovo Premium and Latifa brands won 21 gold medals.
Cherkizovo Group to establish an industry department at Skryabin Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology
alt
12 february 2024

Cherkizovo Group to establish an industry department at Skryabin Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology

Cherkizovo Group, Russia’s largest meat producer, has agreed to establish an industry department at Skryabin Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology.
HeadHunter rates Cherkizovo Group as best employer in agricultural sector
alt
06 february 2024

HeadHunter rates Cherkizovo Group as best employer in agricultural sector

Cherkizovo Group, Russia’s leading meat producer, has been recognized as one of the country’s top employers in the 2023 annual ranking by HeadHunter. The Company earned the 28th spot on the list. Over the past year, the Group has made significant strides in the rating, moving up 14 positions to become No. 1 employer in the agricultural sector.
Cherkizovo participates in the Made in Russia festival in China
alt
31 january 2024

Cherkizovo participates in the Made in Russia festival in China

Cherkizovo Group, Russia’s largest meat producer, is taking part in the first Made in Russia festival organized by the Russian Export Center. On the festival’s first days, the Company held a series of meetings with potential partners – Chinese importers of poultry and pork meat. 

We use cookies to make our website work better.

By staying on this website, you agree to our use of cookies.